Zen back-flow incense burner - Buddha hand suspension sandalwood stove indoor incense burner creative ornaments
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Benefits of Burning Incense
- The simple pleasure of enjoying a lovely scent. Of course, the simple act of enjoying a smell is a benefit in its own right. Taking in pleasurable aromas actually has the ability to make us happier, trigger fond memories, and boost our moods.
- Complement a yoga or meditation practice. Incense has a reputation for being associated with yoga and meditation. Given that some of the essential oils most commonly used to scent incense sticks help ease stress and increase focus, burning incense is a perfect addition to a yoga and meditation routine.
- Increase calm and focus. Essential oils of plants like rosemary, peppermint, and citrus have been shown to improve mental cognition, clarity, and focus.
- Reduce stress and anxiety. Some herbs are specifically known for their ability to ease anxiety and curb stress. For example, breathing in lavender oil has proven to be effective in reducing anxiety in several studies.
- Aid sleep. Lavender is also well-known for its sedative effects, and is considered to promote sleep and fight insomnia. Burning incense with lavender essential oil as you’re getting ready for bed may help you drift off to sleep faster.
- Stimulate creativity. Burning incense can help boost creativity and flow state by clearing and stimulating the mind.
- Purify your space. Buddhist monks have been using incense to purify their atmosphere for thousands of years. Amazingly, one study showed that burning incense for an hour reduced the bacteria in the air by 94%!